When dry skin is making you wish it was socially acceptable to wear a moisturizing mask to work, it's probably...
Achieving and maintaining healthy-looking, even toned skin is an ongoing process that starts with a good daily skincare routine. Consistency is key. A skin care routine for your body, designed to improve body tone + texture, has four basic steps you can do once in the morning and once before you go to sleep:
Limpia: Dúchate o báñate con un limpiador suave y agua tibia.
Exfolia: Elimina con suavidad la acumulación de piel sin brillo. This can be through exfoliating ingredients in your cleanser, moisturizer, or both.
Humecta: Replenish, hydrate and smooth skin.
Protege: usa una pantalla con FPS de amplio espectro todos los días.
There are also a number of lifestyle changes you can make to improve the appearance of your skin.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking water helps hydrate your body from the inside out. Applying moisturizer helps soothe and prevent dryness from the outside in.
- Use sunscreen. Wear a broad spectrum sunscreen every day. Protecting your skin from the sun helps skin recover from current damage and helps prevent future damage.
- Limit certain foods and drinks. Certain foods can trigger flushed, uneven complexions, including alcohol, spicy foods, foods high in refined sugars, and overly processed or greasy foods.
If you suffer from Keratosis Pilaris (KP), a daily skincare routine can help visibly diminish bumps, and improve your skin’s texture.
Tips to help rough, bumpy skin including KP:
- Keep baths and showers short. Spending too much time in the water can dry your skin. Limit baths and showers to 5 to 10 minutes and use lukewarm water.
- Use a mild, fragrance-free cleanser. This will help minimize irritation when washing your skin.
- Moisturize your skin. Applying a moisturizer can help prevent dry skin. Aveeno® Tone + Texture Daily Renewing Lotion and Renewing Night Cream, with natural PHA, Pro-Vitamin B3 and prebiotic oat, gently exfoliates to soften and smooth dry, rough, bumpy skin (even KP).
- Avoid shaving or waxing skin with keratosis pilaris. However, if you must shave the area, use a single-blade razor rather than a multi-blade razor.